Monday, October 17, 2022

The Moon Shadow Effect

 


THE MOONSHADOW EFFECT

Written by Robert deCasares

A book review by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, October 16, 2022

This is the fifth book in succession that I have read where the author uses current and past events that actually have happened and combined them with a tale of fiction.  The result is that the lines between fact and fiction become very blurred to where the reader has a dilemma as to making the determination between the facts and the fiction.  This is a great book.  How great?  I read it in one sitting which I rarely ever do.  I enjoy the mix of fact and fiction because it is very easy to relate to.

The story line and character development are great.  As I read the book, I could actually envision some of the characters serving within the government agents all over the world and more importantly getting involved in the clandestine activities described in the book.  They were all believable whether they really happened or they happened in the author’s mind.

The author wrote this book in 2018 and practically described the time and date that Russia would invade Ukraine.  In my opinion, he accurately describes the relationships between the current nations involved in the Russia/Ukraine war and that makes the fiction side of the book that much more believable. 

Who should read the book?  I think anyone who reads it will be glad they did.  Therefore, I would encourage everyone to read it.

Would I read it again?  I doubt that I would because there is nothing that would require additional reviews.

Would I give it as a gift?  It would make for a great gift to anyone who reads books, so Yes, I would give it as a gift.

No comments: