(This Is What I Believe)
by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, March 31, 2020
Anything appearing in BLUE is a link to a web site
Shirt can be purchased at www.teepublic.com
“Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am -- not stuck in the middle, but hovering above the entire farcical spectrum, weeping as I behold my fellow man's devotion to political illusion and self-destruction.”
America is like a car with low air pressure in its tires, a muffler dragging on the ground, broken back windows and of course the Engine Warning Light blinking incessantly. What do most of us do? We ignore the warning signs and most of all we ignore the light believing that if we ignore it long enough it will eventually either stop blinking or the light itself will burn out. We have plenty of warning signs regarding America staring us in the face blinking madly away while we collectively ignore them.
The “political divide” in America has become as wide as I have ever seen it. To validate that statement, I have lived thus far through 14 different Presidents. I am old enough to remember when I believe the “divide” began to widen. That would have been shortly after the JFK murder and after LBJ took office. LBJ fought AGAINST the then pending civil rights bills that were going through Congress. Then as if it were some form of awakening, he saw the handwriting on the wall that the bills were going to pass either at that time or in the very near future. Like most politicians, LBJ wanted to be on the winning side so he changed course, he changed his heretofore personal bias against Blacks, he began to support the civil rights bills. He eventually signed them into law. He realized that the bills having been passed while he was President, he would get credit for “supporting the bills” when in fact he did not. The result? The Democrat Party at that time was given credit (hate that word in this context) for passing the civil rights bills and the people who actually promoted it and fought for it, the Republicans, were not. Was that fair? No but it was a political fact of life. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans ever forgot what happened. In this case the situation was exasperated when 90% or more of the voting Blacks in America switched from supporting Republicans to supporting Democrats and that was one of several “nails in the coffin” to political co-existence in America.
This is just one person’s opinion of when the political divide began to widen in America. Of course, I could be wrong, I am not an expert on history but I keep reading about our country’s history. History is barely taught in our schools today; I doubt most people even remember what happened with JFK and then LBJ. Most accounts of LBJ indicate he was nothing short of being a racist, yet as stated, he was given credit for passing the civil rights bills and that did transfer to the Democrat Party.
Given the current political divide in America I thought I would get my opinions and beliefs regarding America on the record for whomever wants to read them. As a form of Disclaimer, I took an oath on September 20, 1965 that I would defend the Constitution of the United States. If you look closely at that oath there was and is no expiration date; the oath still applies, at least in my mind.
"I, James Richard Brown, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States .
I have a pocket size Constitution that sits on my desk and unlike so many Americans, I have actually read it, numerous times; IT’S ONLY 17 PAGES LONG! When I explain what my beliefs and opinions are, they are based on my belief that the Constitution was and remains the greatest document ever written. If you really want to understand how it came about, I highly recommend visiting Colonial Williamsburg and taking the guided tour. Williamsburg is fascinating without the tour but when you take the tour you get into the minds of the founders of this country. It is truly an amazing journey.
What do I belief?
I believe in the Constitution of the United States.
I believe that the duties and authority of Congress and the President are well defined and should be followed: they have not been in some time.
I believe the Supreme Court was formed to determine if a law is Constitutional. I do not believe that the Supreme Court Justices should be creating legislation or attempting to re-write laws from the bench. An example of this occurred when the Court changed the language of Obamacare without requiring Congress to change the wording.
I believe the Supreme Court was formed to settle disputes between Congress and the Presidency.
I believe that Congress was given very specific duties within the Constitution and that for as long as I have been alive, 75 years, I have seen Congress disregard and overstep their authority with immunity. Read them for yourself and you decide They are all contained in Section 8 of The Constitution:
1. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
2. To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;
3. To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
4. To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
5. To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
6. To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
7. To establish Post Offices and post Roads;
8. To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
9. To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
10. To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;
11. To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
12. To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
13. To provide and maintain a Navy;
14. To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
15. To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
16. To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
17. To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And
18. To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
Look at these 18 very specific authorizations. Now look at what our Government actually spends money on and writes laws concerning and you will quickly see they have grossly overstepped their authority and continue to do what they have done for hundreds of years.
I believe in the smallest government possible.
I believe in a strong military force to protect our borders but not fight unexplainable foreign wars.
I believe Americans should be able to keep as much of their own money as possible.
I believe charity begins within the home, the community, and the State, NOT with the Federal Government unless there are no other alternatives.
I believe that businesses should be allowed to succeed or fail on their own without the input of the Federal Government. The Federal Government has no business selecting winners and losers within the business community no matter what the size of the business. Businesses should pay the price for their own inefficiency and failure.
I believe that the Federal Government has way overstepped its authority in regards to States Rights and what the States should be doing instead of the Federal Government.
These are my fundamental beliefs. But there is one more belief that I strongly believe in and for the most part remains simmering beneath the surface of American politics. This is easy to understand provided you actually read and study what follows.
In the late 1950s The Communist Party USA, a branch of a world-wide Communist Party, concluded that America would never be overtaken through military or violent efforts. They laid out 45 very specific goals and they made a conscious decision that achieving these goals would take time, a lot of time. They realized that if the goals were achieved, they would not only take over America, Americans would become instrumental in the takeover. Americans would become the “useful idiots” a term rightfully or wrongly credited to Vladimir Lenin. The actual term means:
In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders
In other words, Americans, given the mere suggestion of an idea that is repeated and repeated and repeated continually overtime will eventually come to believe what they have been told and/or taught it to be true or not. In the end, the person or organization that repeats the lies gets what THEY want rather than what might be in the best interest of Americans. Read the following 45 goals. You decide if they have been achieved or not. I have emboldened the ones that stand out to me and have added a note or two. To determine if they have been achieved or not, look at America today in 2020. In my opinion, most have been achieved; you can decide whatever you wish. My mind has been made up. Reference https://rense.com/general32/americ.htm to read the goals and related comments.
“Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America. At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen: [From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]”
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths. (Note, removal of the Pledge of Allegiance in our schools and public events.)
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the grounds that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI. (Note: Never has this been more prevalent than in 2019/20.)
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions. (Note: This goes hand-in-hand with controlling one or both political parties. Which Party has the most union support? This is not difficult to understand.)
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents. (Note: Do you recall “It takes a village.”)
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems. (Note: Perfect example of this is ANTIFA.)
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
If you want to see this in a movie format, buy the movie, Agenda, Grinding America Down at . https://www.amazon.com/Agenda-Grinding-America-Curtis-Bowers/dp/B003Z3CZGG It includes an amazing flow chart starting the Karl Marx and shows you the myriad of links to present day organizations like teachers’ unions, labor unions, movements like NOW and Climate Change; you won’t believe all the connections including to the Democrat Party and even some in the Republican Party.
I specifically refer you to #15 regarding the take over of one or both political parties. I contend that there are those in BOTH parties that would subscribe to many of the 45 goals. One Party has clearly demonstrated in the run up to the 2020 National Elections that it HAS Socialistic Goals for the party and that Party is the Democrat Party. Deny if you wish but the truth is the truth. Senator Bernie Sanders is a self-professed Socialist and is unashamed of that fact. The other candidates seeing the success of Sanders in the primaries have all moved to the extreme left of the political spectrum. Socialism is just one step removed from Communism. If you don’t know your world history, that fact may come as surprise to you but it remains a fact.
I refer you again to Vladimir Lenin who said, "The goal of socialism IS communism." This literally comes from the “horse’s mouth” himself!
What I now believe in 2020 scares the Hell out of me. America has been under attack by The Communist Party USA since 1958 and only a few of us have been paying any attention to the Check Engine Light. Victor Hugo said, “Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come.” A Gallop Poll found that 60% or more of Democrats have a favorable view of Socialism. 60%! Now go back to #15 on the list of objectives and answer the question: have they succeeded in taking over at least one political party in America? I believe they have, the Democrat Party! If Victor Hugo is right and if the voters actually believe in Socialism and they become the majority, America as we know it will cease to exist. That is what I believe; that is what scares the Hell out of me!
I know that what I have written will find a home for some and make others angry, very angry. Those who become angry are entitled to their beliefs, after all this is America at least for the time being. If America ever does succumb to Socialism, those types of ideas and free speech will then become prohibited by the State. Some of those angry folks will be friends and even relatives and that is okay, that is their right. Here comes the kicker; in my mind people who support the extreme left in America have become enemies of America and therefore they have become my enemies. This is no longer just a political debate; it is a fight for the essence of America! I don’t want to see my vision of America die and the Big Government of Socialism, a virus that is currently infecting the country, take over its citizens including me! There was never such a glaring evidence of all of this than the failure to pass legislation in the Senate/House to help the millions of Americans in need because of the Coronavirus attack. Legislatures put their own political far left agenda ahead of America and apparently a lot of Americans are okay with that – NOT ME! To me it is proof-positive that the far Left in America is alive and well and their goal is to destroy Capitalism and thus destroy America!
While we still have it!