Thursday, March 19, 2020

Profiles in Corruption






Abuse of power of America’s Progressive Elites
A book review written by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, March 19, 2020
Anything appearing in BLUE is a link to a web site




I started this review before I have even finished reading the entire book; but I did finish reading the book.  I felt compelled to do so.  Why?  Glad you asked.

Schweizer focuses on “progressives” only in the book.  More specifically Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, and Eric Garcetti; I thought my head was going to explode.  I was deeply sadden because of the corrupt state of affairs in Washington and throughout the country AND I was extremely angry at what I was reading.  When I say angry, I mean no disrespect to the author or his writing, only the content of each profile of the featured politicians.  How can America permit this to continue?  The Washington corruption has been ongoing for over one hundred years but is more prevalent now than ever before in history.  Families are becoming EXTREMELY wealthy because of the elected political positions and the financial effect on member(s) of the politician’s family.  It should never be that way.  We taxpayers are paying for their wealth accumulation.  And while this wealth accumulation is happening the same politicians are creating legislation that favors the organizations that benefit the family members and their organizations versus what is best for the population in general.  In fact, in a lot of cases, the legislation opposes what would be considered to be in the best interest of the general population.

What really struck my nerve was that the public image portrayed by these politicians is in direct conflict with their private personas.  What we see is not really what we are getting.  The lesson learned by reading this book is that every voter should do their due diligence in vetting the candidates they support and/or vote for.

I was so angry that I could not sleep just thinking of the ongoing corruption.  This book was the cause of my sleepless night.  It was so bad that when I did go to sleep, I dreamed of this outrage to the point where my tossing and turning woke up my wife and my dog out of concern.

Three things SCREAMED at me off every page of the book.

  1. Where are the national reporters who should be reporting on this corruption?
  2. TERM LIMITS!  We need them more than ever!  The book did not mention term limits but that is what screamed at me on every page.  It would be more difficult for these politicians to put in place the tax evasion family programs they have with a shorter period of time in office but it could still and probably would be done.  Term limits would just make it more difficult.
  3. NONE OF THESE PEOPLE SHOULD EVER SEE THE INSIDE OF THE WHITE HOUSE, U. S. Senate, U. S. House or any local government office!
 I know most people will NOT read this book and that will not only be their loss but also America’s loss because if you don’t know about what these people have been doing, they will continue doing it.  Even worse we will continue to elect them to even longer periods in office.  Pick any of the people featured in this book. If you would have voted for them BEFORE you read this book, I seriously doubt you would vote for them AFTER your read this book.  Some people will say the book is filled with lies.  To those people I suggest that if that were true, the author would already have been in court having been sued by any of the figures featured in the book.  For argument’s sake, let’s say that 80% is NOT true meaning that only 20% IS true.  The 20% should still be enough vile garbage to dissuade a serious open-minded reader from ever voting for these creeps.



Who should read the book?  EVERY AMERICAN!  Every person who wants to be an American!
Would I read it again? Definitely parts of it as some of these atrocities hopefully come to light.
Would I give it as a gift?  ABSOLUTELY!  Whether the recipient reads it or not, giving it as a gift sends a strong message of where you stand!  Where do you stand?
WHEN SHOULD YOU READ IT?  NOW, before the next Presidential Election.

No comments: