Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Apathy - Or In My Words!

 


APATHY – OR IN MY WORDS!

YOU’RE SAYING:

I DON’T GIVE A S#$T!

By Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, March 17, 2024

 

The year was 1963, keep in mind, I was born in 1945. In 1963, I had just graduated from High School and began my Freshman semester at Bowling Green State University.  As I was walking between classes, there were two students walking behind me and I could not help but overhear their conversation.  One said to the other, “Isn’t it terrible that someone killed the President?”  Thinking they were talking about the President of the University, I turned and asked, “who on Earth would want to kill him?”  They got very angry with me and said, “No you idiot, the President of the United States!” 

It is true that during certain events in your life, besides the obvious ones like a marriage or birth of your children, you DO remember where you were when you heard some surprising or devastating news, such as the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.  I don’t have the exact date etched in my mind but I do recall that it was in November of 1963 and I was 18 years old.  Something else that was growing worse in 1963 was the War in Vietnam.  To this 18-year-old male, that was something very serious to think about; I was in college, so as long as I was a student in college, I would or should not be drafted into the military. 

I don’t know why I signed up for the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) in college, but I did.  That apparent accident turned out to be one of the best unconscious decisions of my life.  I loved it!  By “it” I meant the military and the discipline I learned even in college.  I felt very proud to put on the uniform of my country at age 18 but I also knew that as long as I was a student, I would not be wearing that uniform in any battles ragging thousands of miles from Ohio. 

Fast forward to late 1964 early 1965, I knew that I was a square peg trying to fit into the now famous square hole while I was in college.  I was forced to take course after course relating to subjects that I had ZERO interest in and had nothing to do with my two majors, Marketing and Advertising.  I sat out a semester to get my head straight and that was a huge mistake because my draft number put me in the crosshairs of being drafted, which I was.  

I spoke to the Commanding Officer of my ROTC unit who was an active duty Air Force Officer.  He gave me some sound advice in that he said that since I completed two years of Air Force ROTC, if I enlisted in the Air Force as an E1, I would graduate as an E3 not the E2 that other members of my boot camp would be.  The E1, etc, referred to rank and pay grade.  I would be a fool not to take advantage of that opportunity, after all it meant more money! 

Working back in my hometown, my mother managed to get me deferred long enough to finish the semester I was currently attending.  How she did it, I’m still uncertain of but I think her contacting the Mayor of Youngstown, Ohio might have had something to do with it.  During the time before my deferment ran out and when I would be officially drafted into the Army, I began my quest to join the military, more specifically the Air Force.  It is a long story that I won’t get into and it is actually kind of funny but I managed to enlist in the U. S. Coast Guard.  I was sworn in on September 20, 1965.  I was now 20 years old and had no clue what I was getting myself into. 

Why am I telling you all of this?  What does it have to do with the title to this Nugget?  EVERYTHING!  During my High School days, I was interested in playing on the school’s basketball team, playing on the school’s track team, playing in the school’s two bands, marching and dance bands.  I had no interest in politics or even current events, it’s called apathy and apathy has an official definition, but my definition at that time – I just don’t give a shit, so don’t bother me with any of it.  Between 1965 and 2024, the United States has been directly involved in several wars, Vietnam, Iraq, Libya (to some degree), Afghanistan and others.  “Directly involved” means that in some wars, we actually supplied troops at various levels from major to minor.  Then there have been other countries where we provided funding and weapons but did not fight with combat troops.  Today there are 3 and soon to be 4 such battles being waged:  Ukraine, Israel, Taiwan and now Haiti.  But if you are like most people, you “just don’t give a shit!”  

I see a lot of similarities between MY mindset in 1963-1965 and the mindsets of so many people of ALL ages in 2024, NOT JUST THE TEENAGERS AND THOSE IN THEIR EARLY  TWENTIES; ALL PEOPLE – INCLUDING ADULTS! 

Want proof? 

I did not consider anything in this Nugget for the 2020 vote because of the adverse effect COVID may have had on voting. I therefore used the 2016 National Election to prove a point.  Here are the numbers as per:

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2022/demo/p20-585.pdf 

Total number of Americans 18 or older:   245,500,000

Total number Registered:                           224,100,000

TOTAL NOT REGISTERED:                     21,400,000

Total number who Voted:                            137,500,000

TOTAL WHO DID NOT VOTE:                114,000,000 

If the above numbers are correct; OF THOSE WHO ARE AND/OR NOT REGISTERED AND WHO VOTED, THERE WERE 114,000,000 (THAT’S MILLION) THAT CHOSE NOT TO VOTE FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AS WELL AS OTHERS RUNNING FOR OFFICE. 

APATHY:  ONLY 56% OF THE COUNTRY MADE THE DECISION FOR 100% OF ALL CITIZENS AS TO WHO THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WOULD BE AS WELL AS OTHERS RUNNING FOR NATIONAL, STATE AND CITY OFFICE AND ANY REFERENDUMS THAT WERE ON THE BALLOTS!  A lot of referendums directly affect local and state citizens, including you, and NOT voting could be crucial!  It’s difficult for me to imagine a country where 6 people out of 10, make crucial decisions for all 10 people, including the 4 who “didn’t care” or “didn’t want to be bothered with such nonsense”, and whose decisions might or might not be in all of the people’s interests.  But then, “I don’t give a shit!” 

THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT.  I don’t care which political party you prefer over another.  It is a statement to prove that APATHY runs rampant within the United States and I can only assume the rest of the world as well.  I know because in my teens and twenties, I was part of an apathetic America.  I saw people who actually risked their lives to vote in countries like Iraq where they inked their fingers to prove that they have voted in a country which at the time, was still very unstable and the ink could have made them targets! 

Simply put, IF YOU DON’T VOTE, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN but complain most people will as if they had a part in the decision process of the United States – YOU GAVE UP YOUR CHANCE TO VOTE!  PERIOD!  States and cities make it possible for persons with disabling injuries or diseases to either get to the polls or to vote “absentee.”  Absentee simply means you request a ballot and they send you one in the mail and you return it in the mail and you have voted without even leaving your home.  I personally know this to be true in my area because of disease and injury, I could not go to the polls to vote and I voted by mail.  The important thing is, I VOTED, DID YOU? 

Back to my High School, College and 20-year Coast Guard career.  I was at first apathetic by choice (High School, College).  During my 20-year Coast Guard career I was apathetic more by the demands of the service and laws that prevented government employees from being vocal about their political beliefs.  Still. I have no excuse for NOT paying attention to city, state, national and world news!  My only real-life excuse is that, back “in those days” we did not have the internet and social media to keep us posted.  It was either the local newspapers, television news, and/or radio station news.  In all those years from 1961 through 1985, being home or even on duty where I could watch the news were extremely rare so I did not make a point of going out of my way to watch the news on TV. I rarely subscribed to the local papers because we moved around, A LOT!  Radio was used more for music than it was for news. 

YES, those are excuses.  People have no such excuse today except for their own apathy towards current events, local, state, national and international.  You can get any news you want at the end of your finger tips by using your smart phones, your tablets, your notebooks and/or your desktops or the TV!  YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION.  The ONLY excuse you have for not getting involved in matters that affect your life, is APATHY!  AND APATHY IN 2024 IS A CHOICE THAT YOU HAVE MADE IF YOU DO NOT PAY ATTENTION AND DO NOT VOTE!  PERIOD! 

In the early 1990s, I read a book written by Cleon W. Skousen, titled, The Naked Communist.  It was then I realized just how important it was for everyone to pay attention, even get involved if you are physically able and the law, just as was my case, allows you to get involved.  In short, the book identified the 45 specific goals The Communist Party USA established that if achieved, would take over America without firing a shot.  I was shocked beyond belief when I realized that in the mid-1990s they HAD achieved their objectives.  There is evidence of that every where you look in America.  If you would like to read the goals, you can watch them on this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQ4J9tcQ2I 

The following may be the best proof of my own apathy that I could possibly include in this Nugget and it just happened on March 17, 2024.  The facts presented in these six links, I can honestly say I knew nothing about until March 17, 2024; how pitiful is that?  You will never know why unless you watch them.  My challenge to the reader is to watch at least the first one but beware, you will want to binge watch the remaining five.  Special shout out to Michelle Moore of  The Michelle Moore Show, https://rumble.com/TheMichelleMooreShow for providing me with these links.  If the links do not work by clicking on them, simply copy them and post the link to your browser, it will work. 

PART 1 Revision of Evidence:  The Assassinations of President Kennedy and Oswald. 

https://rumble.com/v4ji7sr-documentary-evidence-of-revision-the-assassination-of-america-part-1.html

 

PART 2 Revision of Evidence: Motives for Murder, Vietnam and LBJ:   

https://rumble.com/v4jiku6-docuseries-6-parts-evidence-of-revision-part-2-movites-for-murder-vietnam-a.html

 

PART 3 Revision of Evidence:   LBJ, Hover and others What So Few Know Even Today:

https://rumble.com/v4jltxi-docuseries-6-parts-evidence-of-revision-part-3-lbj-hoover-and-others....html

 

PART 4 Revision of Evidence:  The RFK Assassination As Never Seen Before:

https://rumble.com/v4jlv13-docuseries-evidence-of-revision-part-4-the-rfk-assassination-as-never-seen-.html 

But the series continues with Parts 5 and 6, but before you get to that point, let me add more of my thoughts. 

Maybe you all knew this stuff in the videos, if so, good for you.  I certainly thought I knew about it, but could not swear to what I had been told and/or taught.  This six-part documentary series WILL either enlighten you to the corruption that exists in our government or it WILL confirm what you already KNEW to be true.  It did for me!  In fact, I can't believe how much I DIDN'T KNOW BUT THOUGHT I DID!  

There is no reason for you watch this six-part series but I hope you do because I would love for someone to confirm that they too, DIDN'T KNOW THE DEPTH OF DECEPTION THAT EXISTS IN OUR GOVERNMENT, AND WHY IT EXISTS! 

PART 5 Revision of Evidence:.  The RFK Assassination Continued, MK Ultra, The Jonestown Massacre   I have read the book written by Congresswoman Jackie Spier (briefly appearing in this episode)Undaunted:  Surviving Jonestown, Summoning Courage and Fighting Back. This book definitely enlightened me to Jonestown but what the video does is that it confirms how much our government was involved prior to all the deaths.  As for RFK, again, evidence I had never heard before.  It all reinforces the depth that "our government" will go to prove a point, true or not; mostly untrue.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i7T7OiuEio

PART 6 Revision of Evidence:  Martin Luther Kind + Conclusion.  Before you open it. I MUST warn you that the beginning of the video is very graphic and not for the faint of heart.  I knew of the lynchings in our history but even those depicted during the beginning of this video far exceed any number I would have known about or even guessed; makes me wonder how many there actually were.  So, I looked it up on the Internet.  If you believe what this link provides, you will be blown away!  Look for yourself!  https://www.statista.com/statistics/1175147/lynching-by-race-state-and-race/  Part 6 also provides evidence that must surely make you question the conviction of James Earl Ray in King's death.  It certainly did me!  I was definitely against the Vietnam War but I had not heard Martin Luther King's positions; turns out they were the same as mine.  I had always been told that King was a trouble maker and as a result, I paid him little attention.  Shame on me for not listening to what he actually said.  More importantly, there is an uncanny sameness in the plot to kill King and the plot to kill Kennedy.  Someone is set up to take the fall while others who actually performed the murders get away and no one seems to care.  The government has told us what happened and we all believed our government; surely it would not like to us.  Right? 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097u5blYeaE 

The end of Part 6 makes me wonder why these same evil forces haven't taken out Trump.  You may or may not like Trump or even some of his policy statements but you must agree that America was better off under the Trump Presidency.  In fact, if you watch all 6 episodes, you hear a lot of JFK, RFK and MLK in Trump's statements.   

NO ONE IN AMERICA OR THE WORL 

DDESERVES TO DIE AS THESE MEN HAVE

BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY BELIEVED IN! 

NO ONE!

But then, I just don’t give a shit!  Right?

No comments: