Friday, August 4, 2023

The Sands of Time Volume 1 - WOW111

 

SANDS OF TIME Volume 1

Written by Sean-David Morton

Reviewed by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, August 4, 2023



DISCLAIMER:  If you are like me and believe that life exists beyond what we have on Earth, this book is for you.  If you don’t believe life exists beyond Earth, this book could be for you as a 100 percent book of fiction.  To me the book is best described as fiction based upon historical facts, known places and known historical people, if that makes any sense to you.

My interest in reading this book was a result of watching an interview with the author, Sean-David Morton.  During the interview the book was referenced as were the later volumes of the book that followed Sands of Time, Volume 1.  In all honesty, I did not know what I was getting into when I ordered the book. 

I was blown away just reading the first 24 chapters.  It is a lengthy book and I found myself riveted to reading it instead of doing other things that needed to be done; it is that interesting and that compelling of a book. The book is filled with references to events, places, and people throughout history that I was aware of including Germany in WWII.   The book begins in the 1950s but refers to events that took place during WWII.  You know that FACTS are mentioned and they are intertwined into the narrative the pulsates throughout the book.  You are never quite sure where the facts end and fiction begins if it is fiction at all, you just don’t know.  There are sections that involve scientific explanations and to someone like myself, they would be considered complex and to be honest, over my head to understand.  Still, the word plausible comes to mind meaning that the explanations and theories described all seem like they could be plausible because they are wrapped in events and places that you now are true.

The book is over 400 pages long and I don’t typically read a book of that length very quickly.  I read it in less than 3 days as I could barely put the book down plus it just read very quickly and I raced to see what was going to happen in the next chapter. 

Caution.  There are currently 3 books in the series with a 4th book that I understand is coming soon.  I was so impressed with Volume 1; I have already purchased Volumes 2 and 3 feeling assured that they too will be as interesting and riveting as Volume1 has been.

As a teaser, consider these subjects all contained in Volume 1.  WWII, Nazi Germany, missing German Nazi Officers/Scientists, the German development of The Bell, Operation Paperclip, Los Alamos, Area 51, captured alien space craft, time travel, space holes, Roswell, Majestic 12, aliens, and even sex.  How could you go wrong reading this book.

Who should read this book?  That’s a great question.  Anyone that wants an exciting read and who is prepared and willing to read at least two more books in the series.  As I said, I read this 400-page book in just 3 days and I am not a speed reader.

Would I read it again?  Most likely NOT because once you have read it, you would gain nothing more by reading it again.  As I continue reading Volumes 2 and 3, I may use Volume 1 as a reference.

Would I give it as a gift?  Another great question.  For most people, probably not.  For people who I know that would have an interest in its content, absolutely.

No comments: