Monday, February 3, 2020



Written by John G. Miller
Book review by: Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, February 3, 2020
Anything in BLUE is a linkable entry



“What to really ask yourself to eliminate blame, victim thinking, complaining and procrastination.”  If you want a book review in just one sentence, then the sub-title of this book would suffice because that is exactly what this book is all about.  It is not just about the questions; it is also about when you ask the questions.  More importantly, it is about your answers to your own questions.

Miller published this book in the early 2000’s and that is when I FIRST read it.  I have read it two or three more times since then and again in February 2020.  My goal was to use QBQ to practice what I preach, read something positive every morning; that WAS my goal.  As I started reading it, I simply could not put it down to wait for tomorrow’s chapter to read and instead just read it all at once.

Almost any reader could find themselves discussed on any page in the book either as you are now or as you may have been in the past.  Simply put, this book teaches readers how to ask better questions of themselves that if asked and answered would without question improve not only their lives but the lives of everyone they come in contact with.  QBQ may have been written over 20 years ago but it is just as critical to self-improvement today as it was when it was first written.

I have a personal life’s mission statement, “To help people to do what they do to do it better.”  Recommending this book as required reading satisfies that goal.  If you truly want to be the best person you can be then read the book; otherwise, don’t read the book – you choose!

Who should read the book?  Everyone; no exceptions.  I found it exceptionally valuable serving as a real estate broker/manager/trainer for a large real estate office.
Would I read it again?  Definitely.  I already have, at least three times
Would I give it as a gift?  Absolutely!  This is especially true for young (and old) teenagers to get them started on the right path at an early age in life.

No comments: