Tuesday, December 17, 2019




A Book Review by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, December 17, 2019
Reader Note:  Words appearing in BLUE mean they are links to web sites





I suggest everyone read Bill Wiersma’s book, ThePower of Professionalism.  However, you do not have to read it before reading The Power of Identity.

I can sum up The Power of Identity in just two word, WHAT IF? 

I am 74 years old and as I read both of Wiersma’s books, I could not help but wonder WHAT IF I had the opportunity to read these books when I was just 15 years old?  Would my life be the same today if I had?  I seriously doubt it.  I am proud of what I have done in those 74 years but it became very obvious to me that I could have done them so much better had I known what is contained in these two books.  If you want to be the best person you envision becoming, read the book.  If that statement doesn’t interest you, don’t read the book but don’t complain that life has been unfair to you; I would also avoid operating any heavy machinery!

If you were going to repair a car, fix a kitchen cabinet or even write a book, you need tools and you need a plan.  To build a better you - the person you desire or have dreamed of becoming - it will not happen on its own – YOU NEED TOOLS AND YOU NEED A PLAN!  This book provides you with both.  It would serve you wisely to read both books starting with The Power of Professionalism and then The Power of Identity but as stated that is not a necessary before you read this book. 

I did find the book at times difficult to read, not because it was poorly written, on the contrary it is well written.  I found it difficult because as I read it, I had to stop and think and consider how what I had just read applied to me and my life.  I gave a lot of thought to what I could have done differently and better had I only known.  As a writer you could not ask for anything more than getting the reader to think.

Except for a few dollars and your time, you have nothing to lose by reading The Power of Identity but the benefits that you could obtain by reading it are priceless!  My advice, don’t just read it, study it and use it as a guide to becoming the very BEST YOU!

Charlie “Tremendous” Jones said, You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.”  This IS one of the books you should read!

Who should read this book?  Since I absolutely believe that everyone who reads the book would benefit from its contents, everyone should read it.  I feel that teenagers who read the book will especially benefit from its wisdom and content and could use it to create a better future than if they did not read and study it.
Would I read it again?  Given my age, probably not.   It is, however, a book that if actually studied, would be a book people would read and study again.  I cannot go back and re-write my personal history but readers could certainly re-write their futures.
Would I give it as a gift?  I definitely would! 

No comments: