Saturday, November 3, 2018

Another GEM by Jeffrey Gitomer





Book Review by Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, November 3, 2018
Note: Words appearing in Blue and Underlined are links to their respective web sites




I have been truly blessed when author, speaker and all round great guy Lee Shelton suggested that I read I’m Okay; You’re Okay.  I read it and my life’s direction changed almost instantly.  I became an avid reader.  Since that day in the early 1980s I have read well over 1000 books and watched or listened to even more on video or tapes.  Why do I say this to begin this review of Truthful Living by Jeffrey Gitomer?  Glad you asked.

Without Shelton’s encouragement I would have never been introduced to the works of Napoleon Hill, Orison Swett Marden, Wallace Wattles, Jim Paluch, Joe Tye, Dr. Tom Hill, Jon Gordon, Kieran Revell and especially Jeffrey Gitomer.  I have read every book written by Gitomer as well as several of the other authors mentioned.  In fact I have read many of the books more than once.  I WILL read Truthful Living more than once, of that you can rest assured!

It would be foolish of me to actually write a review of the book.  Instead I would simply suggest that you read it and after you do you will understand why I suggested that first you read it, then you should study it, and then buy a copies for the people you care about, especially the youngest of the people you care about who are only now embarking upon their careers.  You’ve heard the famous saying, you can bring a horse to water but you can’t make them drink.  Here is your chance to bring your favorite horses to the fountain of knowledge from which if they partake of the knowledge will absolutely do no harm but almost assuredly help them achieve the success that everyone seeks.

Author Joe Tye asked me if I had a Life’s Mission Statement (Goal) which at the time I did not.  Thanks to Joe I created one and have done my best to live by it over the past 30 plus years and I include it here for a reason:

To help people to do what they do to do it better!

That is one of the reasons I read books, books like Truthful Living.  I weed out the books with little value in favor of the books with tremendous value and then share the recommendation to read a book or books with everyone who would take a minute or two to read my recommendations such as this one.  By encouraging others to read the books I have read IS helping other people to do what they do to do it better. My recommendation/suggestion to YOU the reader would be:

READ THIS BOOK!

A word of caution.  The book is written in color and if you attempt to read it on a Kindle type reading device in Black and White only as I did, you may have difficulty reading some of the featured material in the book.  The same Kindle version read on your computer’s Kindle or your smart phones Kindle is highly recommended because the color is displayed making it much easier to read.

Truthful Living is NOT just a book for people in sales; it is for people who are still breathing or in other words, EVERYONE!  It would be impossible to read Truthful Living without coming away without many very strong incentives to cause you to “think in a certain way” as Wallace Wattles writes about in his several books.  It clearly points out that everyone should have a mental plan outlining a roadmap to define their future as they wish it to be.  I came across the following poem, author unknown, that explains why you should read Truthful Living.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

High in the Sierra Mountains lives an old man
Who from his hermitage looks down in pity
Upon other men of higher mental aspiration.

One day he rescued a little group of Swiss mountaineers
Lost in the mountains’ fastenesses
When told were they were they exclaimed in disbelief,
“But how did we get here?”

To which the old hermit replied,
“If that question ain’t got no answer attached to it,
I ain’t got none that fits.
If you is goin’ anywhere in particular
Up here, yu’d better figger fust how to get thar.
Cuz by jest goin’ afore ya know where yere agoin’
Ya can get to a powerful lotta places ya might not wanta be.”

As usual, I always ask and answer the same questions whenever I finish reading a book.

Who should read it?  EVERYONE
Would I read it again?  ABSOLUTELY
Would I buy it as a gift?  ABSOLUTELY and already have

No comments: