Wednesday, August 29, 2018



Written by Ryan Holiday
A book review By Jim “Gymbeaux” Brown, August 30, 2018
(Note, everything in underlined is a link to a related Internet site)




WHAT A GREAT READ!

I purchased the Summary by mistake; that is what I actually read.  You can easily read it in an hour or less but the lessons could and should last you a lifetime!

It would be impossible to write a review of the book/summary as every page contains words, phrases, quotes, entire paragraphs, and entire chapters worthy of highlighting and mentioning.  Suffice it to say that if you want a better and more successful life, and who doesn't, this book will help you to achieve it. Some who may read the book will say “they knew all this before,” but did they?  Over one’s lifetime you acquire knowledge a lot of which is contained in this book but that takes years to learn when you can read it in a short period of time. If you apply the lessons of this book, you will learn to put obstacles in their proper place and work through them or around them to reach your desired result.  It is a wonderful “how to” book to help you to succeed.

I spent more than 33 years in the real estate business and can only imagine what my career would have looked like had I had material like this book to guide me along the way.  Sadly books like Holiday’s book are readily available and it has been said that fewer than 5% of people in sales ever read a book, not even one book on sales.  Holiday’s book provides a path that is easy to follow that would empower the reader to change little things in the way he or she approaches life and life’s obstacles (problems).  A quote from the book explains it all: 

“Choose not to be harmed – and you won’t feel harmed.
Don’t feel harmed – and you haven’t been.”
Marcus Aurelius

The real test lies in these questions that I ask myself whenever I finish reading a book:

Will I read it again?  ABSOLUTELY!
Will I give it as a gift?  ABSOLUTELY and in fact I am already looking into ordering quite a few copies for this coming Christmas
Who should read it?  EVERYONE, bar none!  But especially if you are self-employed, an independent contractor or involved in sales in any form.  What I wouldn't have given to have this book in my hands the DAY BEFORE I started my real estate career more than 40 years ago.

No comments: