Conflicted – 2016 Presidential Race
By Jim "Gymbeaux" Brown, June 7, 2016
I can honestly say I have never been “conflicted” regarding a political election as I am at this very moment. So much so I looked up the definition of “conflicted”; it follows:
[verb kuh n-flikt; noun kon-flikt]
verb (used without object)
1. to come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance,or in opposition; clash: The account of one eyewitness conflicted with that of the other. My class conflicts with my going to the concert.
2. to fight or contend; do battle.
3. a fight, battle, or struggle, especially a prolonged struggle; strife.
4. controversy; quarrel: conflicts between parties.
5. discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles: a conflict of ideas.
6. a striking together; collision.
7. incompatibility or interference, as of one idea, desire, event, or activity with another: a conflict in the schedule.
- 1. Abortions and the money being funneled to Planned Parent Hood plus abortions permitted in the third Trimester of pregnancy. If you don’t want a baby you currently have twenty weeks to make that decision, no one should be waiting until the third trimester to do so. I have never understood the issue of rape or incest – get medical help immediately after it happens as compared to waiting until you are definitely pregnant but then maybe I don’t understand the process. Roe vs Wade doesn’t have to be overturned but the life of a baby ought to count for something; something more than it currently does.
- 2. Infiltration of the United Nations into our daily lives. The UN has no business telling or directing the lives of anyone in America. The UN can’t even do the job for which it was created let alone directing the lives of Americans. The UN is a guise for the elites of the world to create a one-world-government and I am totally against that. Terminate our UN membership and tell them to go elsewhere.
- 3. Second Amendment. Even given my military background, I do not like guns. The Founders created the Second Amendment not so much to authorize individuals to own and carry weapons to hunt or for their own protection as much as to protect them from a tyrannical government which we currently have. Without stopping the growth and money grabbing U. S. Government, it is only a matter of time before the American people will be forced to make a decision as to stand up for the Constitution or just roll over under the thumb of government, a cause they originally left Europe to free themselves of. I want the Second Amendment protected.
- 4. Political Correctness. This may be the secret weapon that could destroy America. The First Amendment guarantees everyone Free Speech. Free Speech does not mean only speech that YOU agree with or a group of collegiate elites, it means ALL speech should be free whether you and I like it or not.
- 5. THE CONSTITUTION! This is the most serious of my concerns. The Constitution is over 200 years old and looking back, the Founders were geniuses who apparently had the ability to predict America’s future years by understanding what could and has already happened in America. The Constitution was written to prevent some of these things from happening and would have IF the President, Congress and the Supreme Court actually did their jobs and governed using the Constitution as its authority to govern “we the people.” All of the institutions have failed “we the people” by ignoring the terms and conditions of the U. S. Constitution. While I fully understood this failure, it was seriously brought home to me after reading the Judge’s book where he has documented the monumental failures of our Government to do the right things and govern by the written law – the U. S. Constitution.
Therefore I have come to the conclusion that a “no vote” is NOT a vote for Hillary NOR is it a non-vote for Donald, it IS a vote signifying that I don’t care about the future of the Supreme Court and thus the country. I do care, very much so. I care that I will not like nor support any candidate nominated by Hillary Clinton based upon my belief that she will nominate far-left thinking Judges to the Supreme Court Bench PLUS she is simply corrupt and you NEVER know what a corrupt individual will do or not do. If that were to happen, America would become closer and closer to a true Socialist country and that should scare everyone. As for Donald Trump, there is no such guarantee but I am willing to take my chances that he will nominate Judges who believe in the Constitution and Judges who will NOT use their position on the Bench to create legislation as has some of the previous Supreme Court Justices/decisions have done.
There you have it, my summary of the 2016 Presidential Election and why I will ultimately vote for Donald Trump. I know that this will upset a lot of people who read this but to be honest – what you think of me is none of my business and frankly I don’t care what you think of what I have written or what you think of me – I do care about America and its future.